Why seed balls?
- Wildflower seed balls help pollinators and can help grow endangered wildflowers
- Garden with seed balls all year! Learn which plants to sow and when, and you'll be getting green in the dreary midwinter!
- Protects seeds from wind, birds, squirrels, and other critters.
- Easy dispersal means more uniform coverage.
- Little hands and old eyes struggle handling tiny seeds. Marble-sized seed balls eliminate this discouraging challenge.
- They're simply good, green, fun!
You, Seed Balls, and the Great Green World.
Garden with Wildflower Seed Balls All Year!
The front of my lot has a north-west facing steep slope. It isn’t large, maybe 1/16 an acre. The first land owner, in the 1980s, covered it with a dense geo textile and small rocks and planted trailing junipers. In the years since, the junipers have died and opportunistic species…
Before life on Earth! There’s a theory that life came from the stars. It’s a beautiful idea, especially if you’re a stargazer like me. Panspermia The term has been around since the Greeks (Anaxagoras, 5th Century BC) and has been used with increasing scientific rigor into modern times. The…
Pros, cons, and recommendations You have a vision of green pastures a-buzz with bees, leaping antelopes grazing on native prairie grasses. Or maybe you are sick of seeing the eroding barren soil on the abandoned lot that you pass everyday. Seed balls might be the solution. There are a few…